The conference has successfully ended on Dec. 1, 2012. The conference committees would like to make a cordial appreciation to all participants.
The following events will be held during the conference term.
- Nov. 29, 18:00-20:00, Welcome Reception at STAR ISLE (Restaurant on 16F)
- Nov. 30, 20:00-22:00, Banquet and Ceremony at Diamond Hall, Taiko-en
- Dec. 1, 19:00-21:00, Farewell Party at STAR ISLE (Restaurant on 16F)
Cloakroom is available at any of the above sites.
Coffees will be served twice a day.
The banquet and ceremony will be held at Diamond Hall in Taiko-en, which was built in 1908 for Baron Fujita's private residence. Visitors can enjoy seeing a traditional architecture and strolling around a magnificent Japanese garden.
- Address: 9-10 Amijima-cho, Miyakojima-ku, Osaka 543-0026
- Phone: +81-6-6356-1110
A full-course 'Kaiseki ryori' (a Japanese formal style meal) will be served for each guest, and also special meals for vegetarians (needs an advanced request at the registration).
Shuttle buses free of charge from the conference site to the banquet place will be arranged. For your way back, public transportations are available.
An access map provided by the site in English is also informative.
The nearest station to the banquet site is Osaka-jo Kitadume on JR Tozai line.
- To Sakaisuji-Honmachi: about 20min.-, 320JPY
Osaka-jo Kitadume -(JR Tozai Line)-> Osaka Tenmangu -(walk)-> Minamimorimachi -(Sakaisuji Line)-> Sakaisuji-Honmachi
- To Umeda: about 15min.-, 160JPY
Osaka-jo Kitadume -(JR Tozai Line)-> Kyobashi -(JR Loop Line)-> Osaka
- To Honmachi and Namba: about 20min.+ and 30min.-, 450JPY
Osaka-jo Kitadume -(JR Tozai Line)-> Kyobashi -(Keihan Line)-> Yodoyabashi -> (Midosuji Line)-> Honmachi -> Namba
A taxi ride to Sakaisuji Honmachi will take about 10 min. with 1,300JPY.
During the banquet, Otome-bunraku will be played as a side show.
(These images are directly linked to ones in the official site.)
Bunraku is a version of Joruri, a traditional Japanese puppet show and began in Osaka, in which three male puppeteers play one puppet. In Otome Bunraku, only one female puppeteer plays one puppet. It was also founded in Osaka in the early 1920s, but was disrupted due to World War II. In 1992, it was revived.
We believe that it encourages humanoid robot researchers to come up with many ideas of how to vitalize artificial figures with skillful manipulations from an interesting aspect.
Coffees will be served during the following slots.
- Nov. 29, 15:00-15:20 in 6F MC
- Nov. 30, 15:00-15:20 (in Interactive session I) in 3F Plaza
- Nov. 30, 17:20-17:40 (in Interactive session II) in 3F Plaza
- Dec. 01, 15:00-15:20 (in Interactive session III) in 3F Plaza
- Dec. 01, 17:00-17:20 in 3F Plaza
Please refer floor map.
Two student events are planned in order to foster the next 40+-year friendship among people in the same generation.
- Event 1 - Student Dinner, Nov. 30 (Fri)
- Event 2 - Student Trip to Kyoto, Date TBA
(They are not officially supported by the conference. The conference committees are not responsible for them.) For details, please see here.